Welcome Message

Please take a few minutes to read this message to all of you: http://kadetskyfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2009/12/welcome-to-kadetsky-family-history-blog.html

Monday 14 July 2008

correspondence relating to KADETSKY

Over the years I have been in touch with people who for some reason were connected with certain surnames. I will slowly copy some of the correspondence here in case anything rings a bell with anyone...

June 2004
"All I have for you about the KADETSKY name is that a man who may have been named Ben Kadetsky married a woman whose last name was SOBEL. They had at least one child possibly named Sam Kadetsky. Ben Kadetsky would have been born about 1840. I have no documentation. This information was given to me by an in-law of mine related to the Sobels. Family tradition says the Sobels came from Poland. I have no information about anyone in Boston. The Sobels I know of were New Yorkers. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Sussman Kadetsky's death certificate lists his parents as Israel Morris and Sarah E Sobel. Sussman's birthday is recorded as 3/23/1859 and there are some records that indicate that he also went by Shmuel (Sam). He is listed as Samuel Kadetsky on his daughter Anna's marriage license to Harry Soule. Sussman's father would have been born at the latest by 1840. So it seems that these kadetskys path leads to Poland as well.

    ReplyDelete